Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall is here!

At the first signs of the season changing I want to completely surround myself with all things Fall. I try to pace myself, why I don't know. I don't want to go full on into Halloween decorations and flavoring everything with pumpkin. At least I wait until October 1 to haul all of the orange and black tubs from the basement and decorate for the sacred holiday. But I ease into the season concentrating on apples at first and then once the apple thing is out of my system I pounce on pumpkins.

This is one of my favorite apple-type recipes. Perfect for a crisp Fall evening. Comfort food at its best. Enjoy!

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

1 can (21 oz.) apple fruit pie filling, divided
1 - 9 or 10 inch graham cracker crust
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 c. caramel topping (like for ice cream)
2 T. chopped pecans


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 3/4 c. of the pie filling (don't worry you'll get your turn, pie filling). Spoon remaining filling into the crust.



Beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. (Don't forget to put in the second box of cream cheese like I did because I was too busy taking pictures of each step I made -- novice blogger**smile). Add eggs and beat well - show those eggs who's boss.


Pour mixture over apple filling in crust and bake 35 minutes or until center is set.

After the cheesecake has completely cooled, mix reserved apple filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan. Heat one minute. Spoon caramel sauce onto the cheesecake and spread evenly. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve. And when you do, your friends and family will thank you for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment