Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Summer Shoe to Fall Shoe Transformation

My daughter was the flower girl in a wedding this summer and although it was painful at the time to have to buy shoes she would wear once and then have them dyed to match the dress on top of it, I recently had an idea of how to get more wear out of these 'summer' shoes. Plus being off-white, these shoes were filthy after being an active flower girl as she was. She danced non-stop for three hours that night!


Although the fashionistas say that you can wear white any time of year these days, I'm old school and still abide by the no white after Labor Day rule. So with this in mind, plus trying to be frugal, I decided to take some black shoe polish to these relatively white shoes and winterize them. I also clipped off the little bows that had a rhinestone piece in the center because they made the shoes really dressy and other than Christmas there isn't any need for something this dressy, especially with our casual social calendar. So viola! We'll probably get at least 5 more uses out of these babies!

1 comment:

  1. sorry if I'm posting twice, but I'm so excited to see you here! Still need to call you and catch up.

    ReplyDelete