Sunday, October 18, 2009

One cute craft project...

photo credit: Skip to my Lou
One of the first craft projects I found after I started touring the blogging circuit was the crayon roll. So cute, easy and the perfect something for toddlers through school-aged children. I've made several now. The first I made for my daughter with the intention of her taking it to church with her. Something to keep her occupied and also to keep the crayons contained after an unfortunate incident when she was trying to hold the five crayons I allowed her to take in all in one hand while holding the coloring book in the other. All of the crayons hit the floor and rolled under our chairs and into the row behind us! Now the crayon roll keeps the crayons in check and she can have a whole rainbow of colors at her disposal.


Although there are several tutorials online for the crayon roll, I found mine at Skip to my Lou. It's a great blog that has tons of great projects. Even if you are not a super seamstress, the crayon roll is a pretty easy sewing project. The trickiest part for me was using ric rac. All I can say is thank goodness for my seam ripper :)


Find the tutorial here http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/04/25/on-a-roll/


Your for the making,Check Spelling
redhairwithfreckles

No comments:

Post a Comment